Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Feeling The Past

Oh boy, there's no camp for one of the kids this week. I'm having flashbacks to three years ago when there was no school and the kid was always home with me. Immediately, I'm thinking of food to pass the time. I was 50 pounds heavier then.

It's only four days now. What's so difficult? It was seven years the last time a kid was home with me. It's sweltering here and there's not much to do. The pool is getting old for everybody.

How much money and gas am I willing to throw at this problem? I did so well a month ago. Quality time for an entire week. Love all around, but I'm empty now. I'm feeling selfish or broken or stimied. There's still a few more weeks of summer.

My son announced at dinner that I was grouchy and I apologized because I knew he was correct. What's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment